Portainer is a lightweight management UI which allows you to easily manage your different Docker environments (Docker hosts or Swarm clusters). Portainer is meant to be as simple to deploy as it is to use. It consists of a single container that can run on any Docker engine (can be deployed as Linux container or a Windows native container, supports other platforms too). Portainer allows you to manage all your Docker resources (containers, images, volumes, networks and more!) It is compatible with the standalone Docker engine and with Docker Swarm mode.
You can try out the public demo instance: http://demo.portainer.io/ (login with the username admin and the password tryportainer).
Please note that the public demo cluster is reset every 15min.
Alternatively, you can deploy a copy of the demo stack inside a play-with-docker (PWD) playground:
- Browse PWD/?stack=portainer-demo/play-with-docker/docker-stack.yml
- Sign in with your Docker ID
- Follow these steps.
Unlike the public demo, the playground sessions are deleted after 4 hours. Apart from that, all the settings are the same, including default credentials.
For FORMAL Support, please purchase a support subscription from here: https://www.portainer.io/products/portainer-business
For community support: You can find more information about Portainer's community support framework policy here: https://www.portainer.io/products/community-edition/customer-success
- Issues: https://github.com/portainer/portainer/issues
- FAQ: https://documentation.portainer.io
- Slack (chat): https://portainer.io/slack/
Reporting bugs and contributing
- Want to report a bug or request a feature? Please open an issue.
- Want to help us build portainer? Follow our contribution guidelines to build it locally and make a pull request. We need all the help we can get!
- Here at Portainer, we believe in responsible disclosure of security issues. If you have found a security issue, please report it to email@example.com.
To make sure we focus our development effort in the right places we need to know which features get used most often. To give us this information we use Matomo Analytics, which is hosted in Germany and is fully GDPR compliant.
Portainer supports "Current - 2 docker versions only. Prior versions may operate, however these are not supported.
Portainer is licensed under the zlib license. See LICENSE for reference.
Portainer also contains code from open source projects. See ATTRIBUTIONS.md for a list.